View Single Post
Old 2008-12-13, 13:43   Link #104
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Best games? Let's not get into that... There's like at least 20 or so top game candidates this year from all the consoles and I just had to get myself to play them all. And they're all great.

I only got a small hands on time with the game and it reminds me of some turn-strategy World War 2 games, but so much more streamlined and not herky-jerky with the grid system like so many strategy games like Disgaea or FFT games even. But overall, the art and music definitely was some of the most pleasing in the crop of 2008 games.

That said, I would love to see Vyse and Aika in the anime too. It'd be surreal since they don't even have Skies of Arcadia anime transition and they get a double the cameo from the game. I wish they do a Skies of Arcadia anime in the same quality of Tales of the Abyss. Looooooong stretch, but an anime cameo wouldn't be impossible I hope.
That's true that there were a ton of good games this year that could all qualify as top games, there were so many awesome ones that I enjoyed that it's really a very subjective choice this year with so much good stuff, so for me it's one of my favorites because my favorite genre by far are RPGS (traditional and srpg) and I absolutely loved this new advancement of the SRPG battle system (the mix of new and traditional was excellent) for Valkyria so it was my favorite RPG of the year, haven't gotten to play Persona 4 yet, and as I said it's my favorite genre of gaming (and MGS is one of my favorite series so I'd been looking forwards to the game a lot). Oh how I hope they use this game engine again. Anyway, as you said, not something to get into since there are a ton of games that could all qualify as some of the best of the year and that still wouldn't count all of the great games.

Yeah, a full Skies anime would have been great with all of the "character" that that adventure had. Now it makes me sad imagining some of the action and set pieces in Skies with the same quality as the new Tales of the Abyss anime, cause that would be awesome to revisit lol.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2008-12-14 at 22:50.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote