View Single Post
Old 2007-05-31, 10:48   Link #76
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaboso View Post
cross the line....I think the line has been fairly smuged out over the years. whats this to a bunch of other stuff out their.

who will join me in an crazy mob?
A quote from the gomanga forum:

Quote:
KnJ is not purely a comedy, it also has dramatic elements of pathos and tragedy. She's not "just desperate" ... there's a lot of emotional texture ranging from "cry for help" to "obsession" to a dozen other factors.

I do find it interesting that KnJ was shut down while series like Tsukuyomi Moon Phase (also excellent storyline but involves April/October relationships, a fair amount of nudity, and has at least one scene of a very young undressed girl trying to seduce the male lead) and Negima (cheesy fun but lots of underage activity with a 10 year old boy) troops along quite merrily.
Never mind the total acceptance of some really horrific violence (torture, dismemberment, slaughter) in many popular works...

So.... I guess the message here is that its okay if the publisher is big enough or that the vendors can avert their eyes or shrinkwrap it. And that ultra-violence gets a pass but if we have a fully-clothed but sexually charged hug with all the contextual build up and the emotional consequnces and concern aftewards --- its evil. Sorry, the frontal lobe just fried there.
Whatever one thinks of the work, this was only a good day for the thoughtcrime vigilantes.