View Single Post
Old 2010-12-09, 13:40   Link #32
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu View Post
ROFL thank u so much for saying it! I miss the awesome fights of naruto past like Sasuke vs orochimaru in the forest of death, or shikamaru vs temari. Now it's just like: edo tensei-sasori gets pwnd by kankuro's speach and dissapears. . . .WTF? Call me selfish, but sometimes I just want more depth, and I feel like if Kishi wrote out the whole manga in at least some kind of basic outline format it wouldn't seem like he makes it up weekly.
More depth? What sort of depth? I think this Kankuro vs Sasori was one of those things that i really like in this manga. Because this was not about fighting but about character development and story lines. We have multiple story lines around the main character's story line. One of these was Sasori's story. It was clear that the story of his life is somehow not complete with his death. He was one of those more interesting akatsuki members who had a strong story line (unlike Kakuzu and some others who were just fighing machines) and i expected a good ending. But he suddely died, the way he was killed was a nice part of the story. However, it was never explained why it went that way, and we had a feeling that the story is unfinished. But now Kishi finished the story, in a really nice way, we can say that Sasori got his "happy end". He has achieved what he wanted but in way that he never thought of, for the first time after many years he was happy again, his story was completed perfectly.
And at the same time Kankuro got his powerup that all will get in this war, so his story has also finished here, i mean the story of becoming the strongest puppet master has finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
I don't like commenting until I've read the chapter, but I think it's safe to assume the DNA wasn't taken 'a la DBZ' during fights, but taken from actual corpses. Seeing as Jiraiya sank and drifted to the sea, it seems likely that they never managed finding the corpse. Haku and Zabuza were both buried near the land of Waves, and the tombs were still standing when Suigetsu grabbed his kitchen cleaver.
Orochimaru didn't have to take it during the fight, for example he killed the 4th kazekage, so he could take his DNA from the corpse. But this distinction does not matter, since he has to fight him to take the DNA. DNA can be taken also during fight, Madara did that as he recently explained. But it would be interesting to see how did Orochimaru get the DNA of various other kages, for example the raikage's father is there among the zombies. As i mentioned there could be a lot of possible ways, for example if Sasori had a spy in the kumo village and while Orochimaru was a partner of Sasori he could have used Sasori's spy to take a DNA sample of the kage without anyone noticing.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote