View Single Post
Old 2006-11-27, 16:13   Link #22
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwen Stx
I totally agree with this statement. I believe that Kubo isn't using the power meter (like Dragon Ball), I believe he is taking into consideration everything that surrounds a battle including the character's willpower, situation, emotion etc. You win some, you lose some - doesn't matter to who.
Actually, Bleach is closer to DBZ than other manga I've seen in a while, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Still, the whole fighting scheme is very "black & white" (not a pun on it being a manga). Winning fights is mostly a matter of who is the strongest. Ichigo isn't getting victories by coming up with ingenious or unique fighting methods, he's winning by strength/endurance. If shikai doesn't work, he goes to bankai, if bankai doesn't work, he goes to vizard, if vizard doesn't work...well he's screwed. The same goes for the other characters more or less. The fights are basically all one-on-one, using the surrounding evironment to an advantage is practically non-existant and of course you can tell when an opponent's really strong because everyone's afraid of their power level.. er, I mean reiatsu. The fights are really cool though and have great style. It works for this manga.

Anyways, vizard Ichigo was badass as always and Nell was ridiculously cute as always. I suppose from here out we will see Ishida, Chad, Renji and Rukia face off against their opponents (not nessarily in that order), who will likely be three-digit arrancar as well. Rukia-with-bankai fans hold your breath, because her next fight might determine whether she has it or not!