View Single Post
Old 2006-12-01, 06:50   Link #2012
dKiWi
Devoted Haruhiist

Send a message via MSN to dKiWi
As far as I'm concerned, 春日 (pronouced in Chinese as Chun Ri) is juz a really dumb translation for Haruhi. Katakana tends to be translated really badly into Chinese I guess. I really have no idea where they got this. 春日 means spring day. It doesnt make sense and shouldnt. In chinese circles, and in the novel, Haruhi is refered to mostly as 春日. I really dislike this personally.

Unless someone hu understands both Jap and Chinese can confirm that the Katakana for Ha-ru-hi means Spring Day.

凉宫 in Japanese is read as Suzu-miya, but in Chinese it is read as Liang Gong, and roughly means Cooling Palace. So as u can see, they are translating it for translation's sake. It really shouldnt mean anything. Cooling Palace Spring Day doesnt make any sense does it?

It even gives me the creeps. I sincerely apologise to anyone who is disturbed by that translation.

If there are any other Chinese/Singaporeans hu would like to comment it would really help. Coz I've been getting Cs for Chinese all my life, but that doesnt mean I havent put in effort. Have been studying Chinese all my academic life.
dKiWi is offline   Reply With Quote