View Single Post
Old 2012-10-11, 16:42   Link #50
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
You just won this thread. I sincerely think this term fits the series described in OP to a T. As was already said numerous times, they are dramas, but these kind of series tend to be more light-hearted than your average drama, so "Mellow drama" is perfect.
Sadly, that was mostly a joke. I do not personally see the need for classifications based on niche fan-bases (it seems redundant and a little egotistical). Still, I am glad others have found the small phrase humorous or potentially helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
So Girl getting raped, man getting murdered, lover suffering from fatal disease -> Not Tragedy.

Wealthy obsessive Gambler losing everthing due to overconfidence, Ruler losing everything due to his own distrust and paranoia-> Tragedy.
(Not disagreeing with your post, just adding my two cents)

There is a difference between tragedy and tragic (when it comes to storytelling). (And no, I am not talking about a tragic hero.) A tragic character or story can be found in any genre (even comedy (like ntr stories )), whereas a Tragedy is a very specific set of conventions (which have been elucidated in Don's post).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote