View Single Post
Old 2015-01-23, 08:37   Link #43
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

-{A1}- [Best Storyline & Plot] Hunter x Hunter (2011)
-{A2}- [Best Visuals & Animation] Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
-{B1}- [Best Action-Adventure] Hunter x Hunter (2011)
-{B2}- [Best Fantasy & Supernatural] Mushishi Zoku Shou
-{B3}- [Best Science Fiction] Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
-{B4}- [Best Drama] Isshuukan Friends
-{B5}- [Best Romance] Isshuukan Friends
-{B6}- [Best Comedy] Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
-{B7}- [Best Slice of Life] Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
-{B8}- [Best Sports Series] Baby Steps
-{C1}- [Best TV Series] Hunter x Hunter (2011)
-{C2}- [Best OVA] Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
-{C3}- [Best Movie] Kaguya-hime no Monogatari
-{D1}- [Best Female Lead] Homura Akemi (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica Movies)
-{D2}- [Best Male Lead] Shiroe (Log Horizon)
-{D3}- [Best Antagonist] Meruem
-{D4}- [Best Side-Character] Mako Mankanshoku (Kill la Kill)
-{D5}- [Best World Setting] Log Horizon
-{D6}- [Best Credits Theme] "Sidonia" by Angela
-{D7}- [Best Soundtrack] Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
-{D8}- [Best Ongoing Series] Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu

A quick words on my choice on the villain category: It’s a really really tough choice between Meruem & Esdeath (both I nominated). To me, Esdeath is a lot more entertaining due to her personality, her cruel “hobby”, her creepy-hilarious obsession to the MC and the antics that resulted from it, her sexy character design (even though the anime exaggerates her boob size from the manga which I don't really like) and the fact that we rarely get such a genuine-prominent-mature-charming-independent-badass female main-villain in shounen series since.....well....maybe Haman Karn from Zeta Gundam back in the 80s (female villains in a series with pretty much female-only cast like Queen’s Blade doesn't count). Both are well-written villains, but I can’t deny that Meruem came out better in the anime and the fact that Akame ga Kill is rushed to its ending (which also cutting short Esdeath’s character-arc as a result) kinda hampers Esdeath to become truly awesome in the anime. So yeah, I gotta be as objective as I possibly can, and chose Meruem.

Anyway, I’m glad that I can get behind most of the nominees (Aldnoah notwithstanding). Still, I’m also disappointed that some titles and some characters didn’t get nominated since I think they deserve it.

Also, I’m not gonna say that 2014 is a poor year or one of the worst anime-year ever as we have genuinely good-to-great titles (Sidonia, Parasyte, Gundam Unicorn, Log Horizon, Gundam Build Fighters, Nozaki-kun, Fate/Stay Night UBW, and many more). I also suggest anime-fans everywhere to watch anime movies & OVAs especially those which aren’t derived or continuations from any TV-series whenever they could because some of them are great (I’m glad Kaguya-hime got nominated since that's my favorite out of many movies I’ve watched this season).