Thread: Proposal AnimeSuki Reviews Subforum
View Single Post
Old 2015-05-30, 23:42   Link #11
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kinomoto View Post
...the first post in every thread would have the summary, the rest of the thread is dedicated to reviews.
The problem with this particular idea is: who will write the summary, and will it be sufficiently objective/bias-free? You'd end up with people arguing over the summary or the way it's presented.

And I'd also say that let's keep in mind that the purpose of a forum is to discuss. If you want a place where you get a summary of an anime and a collection of user reviews, why not just go to MAL, which was basically made for that sort of thing? That said, I do sort of see that there may be some benefit to creating a space where new viewers can get impressions of a series to help them decide if it's for them or not, and there may be some merit for that to be outside of the regular thread(s), given that they get into details and spoilers that you wouldn't want to wade through.

I guess I just want us to be clear about who is the audience, what is the goal, and what benefit there is for us doing here (as opposed to what else is out there on the Net). Understanding the answers to these questions will help us figure out the best form for this to take.