Thread: Proposal AnimeSuki Reviews Subforum
View Single Post
Old 2015-05-31, 13:35   Link #14
cyth
Banned

I can sort of see why a review's subforum could get some attention, but under very specific conditions. It would need to have one review per thread, not multiple reviews of same series per thread. Why I've always refrained from posting reviews in those season impression/reviews threads is that I never bothered to read other people's reviews, and if that was the case with other people, then why should I bother posting? Nobody would read it anyway, I thought.

A person's opinion needs to be properly showcased, otherwise it's not a reviews forum, but another series impression forum.

Another point on attention-splitting. I don't think it was wise to split General Chat into so many subforums. I didn't visit it regularly, but its appeal was that you could sometimes find interesting topics from fields you don't necessarily pursue on your own. Now that it's split into technology, sports, and politics, few people get exposed to different topics. On another forum I visited, the admins broke off anime topics from movie topics into their own forum. That effectively killed anime threads, whereas before movie buffs would sometimes get exposed to something funky and cool to talk about even in anime threads. So splitting forums in my experience is almost always a bad thing, except if there are congestion problems.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote