View Single Post
Old 2008-06-10, 12:47   Link #1103
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
I'm fine with Yuuno getting some time in the spot light and all but he doesn't need a device. This is the guy who was able to tank vita with one hand while still working out the way to get out of the barrier at the start of A's.
Yeah, about that...

I'd like to remind all the Yuuno fans that Nanoha did almost exactly the same thing while blocking one of Vita's Swallow Fliers without transforming... or at least for a few seconds. Also, Vita didn't have any cartridges backing that attack up, nor was she using any melee-enhancing spells like Shiden Issen or Haken Slash. Alex, by comparison, has a pair of device units linked to a single AI core, with a cartridge system in each one, giving him a significantly larger storage capacity than Levantine or Graf Eisen.

Quote:
If he can do that with Vita, I'm sure he's able to defend against your OC... who you've already said isn't as good as the knights melee wise.
Not exactly. He's not as good in melee, as in sword-to-sword or fist-to-fist with another knight or one who has emphasized the martial arts. The Takamachi siblings, for instance, could rip him to shreds in a pure no-magic sword fight. On the other hand, he's perfectly capable with the spells that he has, and if his attacks hit, they will hurt as much as Signum's or Vita's attacks. It's not a matter of power so much as technique and strategy, and Yuuno is going to have to either tank his hits or start using binds and fighting smart, hence the S2U to help expand his capabilities a little.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote