View Single Post
Old 2010-02-08, 19:16   Link #337
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Who says she forgets?

I've always been under the impression that due to the lingering knowledge from the synchronization Yuki knows everything that's going to happen between the day Kyon and Mikuru(small) show up on her doorstep and the day North High student Yuki gives Kyon the tanzaku. She lives through that time and changes absolutely nothing about what she did before (or more accurately does the things she's always done, since there never was a "before"), since to do otherwise would cause..."noise". In short, for those three years, she's just like Dr. Manhattan—well, moreso than normal.

Why would she ever want to forget information, after all? That's what she was created for.

As a mind screw side effect, all that gradual emotional and character development that Kyon picks up in the novels to that point? It all occurred at once on the night of Tanabata three years ago (before his own "first meeting" with her), only Yuki supressed it so she would appear to be gradually opening up. ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
This is mindboggling

She would have to be a very good actress to pull everything off, which shouldn't be a tough thing given her poker face. However, I feel that if that's the case, she denied herself some information while withholding others. In any case, the DITE and the Human Interfaces are hard to figure out, given their abilities.

She was created to observe and gather information, yes, but certain things are better left forgotten until confronted. If she actually remembers everything, that makes the creation of the Disappearance world even more messed up.
I believe that the situation is much like Mikuru's situation in the past, only Yuki's situation is a tad bit worse. Fujiwara said it best in Intrigues when he talks about having to dance in a specific manner. Mikuru doesn't know what style to dance, but Yuki has to perform everything picture perfectly the first time in order to maintain the timeline. Not only that, but Yuki was "created" as an organic life form from a bunch of information. The creation of emotions is heavily documented in many organic life forms, but the data itself cannot detail what emotion is, which is the cause of this drama.

As for the synchronization, I imagine it to be like a system restore (or pre-store) where the data becomes the same. Yuki attempts to synchronize with her variant on December 18th, but is unable to do so. We don't get to see if she does synch or not before that event during the three years, but we do know she is unable to afterwards.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT