View Single Post
Old 2012-11-14, 01:25   Link #571
Rainrir
Tin Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
That's definitely over-reading... Just the notion that Sinbad had sexually harassed her before already made him go all o_0.

If Sinbad's actively condoning something that'll kill her?

Even Ja'far, whom is almost surely the most trusted and loyal of the Eight Generals already feel super uncomfortable with what Sinbad does... with outsiders, much less their own.
Like Jaffar, Shakkarn might tolerate that because "they don't have a choice". Plus, it is kinda obvious that the barrier is meant for the organization, and I think Sinbad definitely have the intention to finish this fight within the forseeable future. It might be a compromise for Shakkarn to accept that fact until the beat the organization.

Though I do admit I am probably overreading it AS I SAID BEFORE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Also 100% one-sided on Sharkann's side, if the tegakis are to be believed.

( which should be, since the author mentioned it was supposed to be an official omake at first. )

Moganett seems to have caused her to have a fetish/preference for older men + beards. >.>
Not as uncanon as you think, look at Yamu's expression and what Shakky is saying. The second one is pretty much a word for word version of what Shakky says when commenting on the Yamu fight later. Not to mention that Miss Ohtaka likes to mess with everyone's heads when it comes to pairings. Remember the dreaded "Morgiana doesn't have romantic feelings for Alibaba" announcement after the Hakuryuu "First Base" attempt.

It is just that Shakky is more...obvious than Yamu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
There's a difference beween history and this though. Well, other than the fictional part.
The fact is, we're seeing events of Magnoshutatt in god-perspective, with no historical interpretation necessary. We can see the vile in its rawest form, basically how "it is".

Because as readers we are seeing from a unique perspective, the baggage such as historical viewpoint can be entirely neglected, we are given a third-person view already.

So no, it's not bad at all to call out what is.
I am more like evaluating the system within the fictional world's standards. Instead of basing it on what our own real world is like. I think Ohtaka totally intended Moganett to be "grey" than totally elul. On a superficial level things are definitely "better", but it basically requires a warped world view to come up with something like that.

So yeah, not very different from Magneto (who have tons of sympathy from other people, is it because he is hot?...for an old guy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Oh, I have to apologize. You belong to a different cult sect.... the Tsundere x Tsundere pairing cult!

..... Where do I sign up?
It is not a cult, it is a READING SOCIETY, cuz you know, subtext.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-12-11 at 20:54. Reason: Do not link to that site here!
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote