View Single Post
Old 2012-09-24, 23:33   Link #5345
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Simultaneous catch is a judgment call, so once it goes to replay it has to be overtly obvious...So that portion of the call is correct even if the initial call was horse$hit...

The more I watch the play though, there is a sliver of doubt because while Jennings does appear to have more of a chunk of the ball, when they fall to the ground and rollover he (Tate) does have his arms wrapped around the ball...And from the replay, it appears the official who called touchdown only saw the fall to the ground part...

Watch the replay again, the backjudge was 10 yards from the play (The guy who called touchback, WHY THE HELL is he 10 yds away??) and the sidejudge doesn't see anything but when they hit the ground...These refs are trash, but watching the replay carefully I see why it went down that way...And again once you go to the booth to overturn a judgment call it has to be 100% evidence or obviously a monster voice Goodell tells you to say TOUCHDOWN...
Quote:
"It's not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first & and the opponent subsequently gains joint control." <---That's exactly what happened.
I saw that too, they put it on NFLNET, but what I'm saying is, is that that line of text is STILL a judgment..It doesn't matter what that says, if the official uses their judgment to say that it was simultaneous...And once agin (Look at the replay of when the offcial comes in) he ONLY SEES when they fall to the ground, that's why he ruled TD...Neither he, nor the the backjudge saw the first part where Jennings has more control initially...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2012-09-24 at 23:49.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote