View Single Post
Old 2003-12-07, 17:58   Link #113
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
i learned english in 3 months. I stayed home and watched Rugrats and nick-kids all day. ANd i picked up english like that. Ive only been here 9 yrs, and im taking college english courses in high school.

the point? watch raw anime ALOT. over and over and over.

My korean got better here in america even tho my only practice is with my parents. I talk to my parents a lot more than average high school kid, but it doesnt explain why my korean went from kindergarden level to a 3rd grade in writing and 5th~7th grade reading, and up to 9th grade speaking. I have bad spelling, and vocab... thats about it. I cant read hanmun either... (korean kanji)

if you practice then its not hard to learn any language. (except french, since the teachers and books suck)

im taking japanese starting Feb at a community college.
So I learned English over a summer, that doesn't mean taking a language only needs a few months. And besides, learning English for Asian people is much easier than learning Japanese for English-speaking people, and it's also much easier to pick up languages when you're young. Sure, you _can_ learn Japanese by watching a lot of raws and consulting grammar books and dictionaries, but I think you'd learn it actually much faster if you attended classes and put as much effort into the classes as you do with raw anime.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote