View Single Post
Old 2007-09-17, 17:21   Link #2267
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Aye... though that whole concept is anime-only, I would really like to see this gang carry on with more 'life's daily adventure into silly'.
In college? But they would have to be in the same college for the adventure to continue with each other. I can see Miyuki being in a different school, but the KEY element of LS is Konata x Kagami... I just can't see them going to the same school, unless anime miracle happened or Soujirou promising Kona a PS3 if she gets into, say, Waseda. Or I guess we can have Kagami crumbling under the pressure and they all ended up in Kyoei Daigaku in Katsukabe together. Hey it could happen.

Vexx-dono, did the manga show them graduating yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
So here's two outcomes that I'll be interested in seeing (and really nothing else):
1) KyoAni makes a second season of Lucky*Star in a drastically different creative direction. That means either give it a storyline or make it something else other than what we're seeing right now. If I'm going to get sick of a style I don't want it to be Lucky*Star's, and I don't want it to be slice-of-life in general.

2) Like Negima, another studio grabs it and makes an alternative series out of it. As long as it's in good humor and it's done right (SHAFT, don't make it another PPD), I don't mind who gets it.
I like your first idea. It seemed they were experimenting with the dramatic elements in LS; even made a tear-jerker. I'd like to see a more regular anime version of LS for the second season. It's not beyond KyoAni, as they're pushing the envelop all the time.

But your second idea me no likely. It HAS to be KyoAni and Yamakan.

I see you've just added a 3rd idea, and I just want to say that an L*S has gotten too big for an OVA. OVA is for smaller, niche series like Ichimashi, not mega-hits like L*S. Like you've said, it has taken over Akiba and may soon driven a CD of a little-known male seiyuu who can't sing to Oricon top 10. Nah, a full second TV season is a must for all the right reasons.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote