View Single Post
Old 2007-09-19, 07:35   Link #2279
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
The day that all those things happen is the same day we'll see Front Mission 5, Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 and Namco x Capcom released stateside.....which I hope would be soon, but I don't count on it for two reasons, one the cross licensing rights involved in getting all the rights to manufacture the products with all the proper and official content intact (we're almost talking Bandai or nobody here) and two the probability that licensing costs will exceed projected profits.
Actually, neither of those should be that much of a problem for Lucky Star. Licensing costs will be non-existant, since Kadokawa can publish it in the U.S. themselves (though Kadokawa U.S.A.), leaving only production costs. That also helps address issues of cross-product licensing, since ultimately Kadokawa and Lantis hold most of the keys to the store, so to speak (as was the case with Haruhi, for example). I don't necessarily know about figures, but all the rest of the merchandise (anime, music, games, manga) wouldn't be a licensing problem if they figured the market demand was there. Ultimately, I think that's the bigger barrier here -- though I still expect the anime will be released at the very least, and the rest would be "we'll see how it goes".
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote