View Single Post
Old 2010-08-15, 07:00   Link #84
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
It's actually closer to the novel illustrations (thanks to the illustrator also working on the anime). Personally I find the manga unintentionally hilarious due to how much it sex'd up Kirino compared to what I imagined reading the translations and seeing the novel illustrations.

In their first nightly counseling session in the manga (no not that kind of session you perverted bastards) we've got panels devoted to her fascinating tiny panties and Kirino herself going from tears of happiness to utter abjection and back in a way that I didn't get from reading her brother's thoughts in the novel.

I imagine the anime will keep a relatively more even keel.
I got a similar feeling when I have read both the manga and the novel part that were translated. In my opinion, both are good. I'm really fond of the manga art, I like it's "erotification", plus Kirino acts way more cute than the impression I got from her in the novel. But the novel is quite more detailed, which I also liked a lot. Plus we got more of Kyousuke's perception in the novel, which i find hilarious.