Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2011-06-19, 21:27   Link #9073
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
If you're a non-smoker (IE most of the population) those laws are a godsend. I used to suffocate on entering a pub. There was always a layer of haze from head height up. It was awful. Now smokers, they love the smell of smoke. The rest of us hate it.

I don't really care about the health effects. I just like the fact that the air is clear now. I used to not be able to see the roofs...

Got to kick the habit. Makes you look 10 years older. When you hit 40 your voice sounds like a vaccuum cleaner, and your teeth look like you came off the set of Pirates of the Carribean. That's not even getting into the health risks.

You also stink. Sorry to say it, but it's true. Smokers stink.

It also costs how much per day?

Also smokers absolutely hate me. I love to tell the young dudes standing on the corner all about how they're probably going to be impotent by the time they hit 40 . (Their response: "What's impotence?")

I like my manly body odour. The really weird thing though is that I smell just like my dad. It was pretty weird when I first realised it. What next, am I going to start telling kids to get off the lawn?
Saved me from having to reply almost as strongly as you did to Syn from her glofying smoking posts, lol.
(Or I learnt to rein in my desire to impulse post like I used to do and leave things be)

To bring it back to dating, yeah, one of my top three 'no gos' with a guy is smoking. I don't care if there are other harmful gasses in the air (all the more reason not to add then, right?), I see it as nothing more than pure poison in a stick that also affects my own health and ease to breathe.

A guy smokes, he's out, I don't give him a chance, or I cross him off my list of 'potentials' if there's an initial attraction.
And even if one tried to excuse themselves or appeal to me, more times than not, the disappointment in my eyes is enough to quell any further arguement.

Somedays, that works wonders than having a go and pissing off smokers
(Can be fun sometimes tho, lol)

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote