View Single Post
Old 2013-02-15, 04:12   Link #92
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Thank you! Finally! Someone realized how overblown and pointless each and every one of these things have been since the first season!
Lol, that wasn't my point at all. My point was that we're not observing these guys in a vacuum where just because all of them are flawed that means everything should be ignored. There is a reason why these guys are in the Neighbours' Club after all, and their flaws should be analysed for what they are. Simply saying that our standards should not be applied to these guys is not useful at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
It's the other way around: People say things about Yozora which starts off the entire discussion.
Fair point, but while that starts off the entire discussion, what I've been seeing recently here and in another forum is that once someone starts saying things about Yozora, the reverse effect occurs, and a whole bunch of people jump in to point out all of Sena's flaws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I've never heard of a prank in good spirit.

Also just to add, Sena's gullible isn't the reason for her social ineptitude....
It is possible for pranks to not be mean-spirited even if they're not made in good spirit. To me, while the act of initiating the prank may not exactly in good spirit, it wouldn't be mean-spirited either if the prank isn't followed through.

It isn't the reason for her social aptitude, but it's one of her traits that we would consider to be a flaw.

Highly offtopic: I was curious about where I got the concept that A should not go through with a prank on B with knowledge of B's gullibility, because I had no idea where I got it from yet it seemed really ingrained into my thinking. Turns out that it was from Bunyan v Jordan, something I haven't looked at in over three years o_O

Last edited by frivolity; 2013-02-15 at 04:42.