View Single Post
Old 2008-02-19, 06:06   Link #759
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

The american version couldn't have been saved under any circumstances, the moral climate in this country is such that tollerance for anything even remotely resembling child molestation isn't tollerated. and say what you will but the fact is anyone who looks at the manga without actually reading the manga is likely to construe it as a child molestor manga, the images are extremely suggestive. as for you guys who feel upset that the american release was cancelled just remember there is a group out there that protests everything, groups against and for the environment, for animals, against fur etc etc, everyone feels thier own viewpoint is reasonable and in the end it comes down to the companies themselves, the company with the rights to Kodomo No Jikan folded to the pressure, if you wanna blame someone blame them for giving in. If you are upset about someone messing up a wikipedia article then I have a feeling you are often disapointed because that happens all the time, sometimes people do it just for fun, that is the nature of that beast.
My main point is, I read Kodomo No Jikan, and i enjoy it, but i can easily see why someone who only looked at it but never read it could find it disturbing. lunar archivist said
Quote:
Anyone who'd bother reading the latter would see how little Rin's sexual innuendo actually has to do with anything...
I think this hits the nail directly on the head, these people not only don't read this they will never read this and complaining about them is like screaming that the wind is too strong.... all you can do is get out of the wind or endure it.