Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedor mma View Post
Cough COugh Pedo cough.hehe
Correction, school uniform connoisseur.

Quote:
18 is the legal age in Japan right?
National age of consent is 13, but prefectures have laws that increase it up to age 18. So, it depends where you are in the country.

Quote:
Would girls wear pants if their schools allow them to be worn in girls' uniforms, though?
According to that "hemline research" article I posted... "We also hear that none of those questioned (some 20 girls) wore mini-skirts when given free choice out of school, instead opting for shorts and trousers."

So, it appears to be a school uniform fashion thing.

Quote:
A lot of the high schools students wear their skirts above their knees, middle school lot tend not to, (hence we can tell the diff between the ages).
Lack of modesty is somewhat of an issue in Japan atm.
No, no one deserves to be groped, molested or raped, but when girls (willingly and knowingly) wear skirts that barely cover their butts as one girl did today on the train, it's a 24/7 cocktease for salarymen, no wonder there's the chikan issue, lol.
"fashion" over "sense", methinks...
It makes you wonder. Kinda' sad, really. Girls give in to peer pressure to look attractive and "sexy" only to find themselves the targets of "unwanted attention." Those salarymen need to understand the concept of "It's ok to look, but don't touch."

I saw a report of a man who raped a girl in a train station restroom. It started out with groping, then he followed her off the train and forced her to follow him. His excuse? “I just couldn’t stand it any more, I had to do her.”

Seriously, impulse control is what makes a civilized society... you know... civilized?

Quote:
That's kinda interesting, cause for it to be a 'boom' means that at some point they were rapidly getting rid of uniforms and going for plain clothes in schools instead (wonder what the influence for that was)
With the "group mentality" being so dominant, it's possible that young people felt some need for a little individuality. But as the article says, seifuku have been a long standing tradition for decades. The "boom" is just a group desire to return to tradition, perhaps. Just speculating.

Tradition is important, it keeps a people connected to their past and that gives them an anchor for holding on to a sense of personal identity. It's something that I think we in the west have a lack of regard for.