View Single Post
Old 2009-11-17, 16:35   Link #1266
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Woah, woah, woah, waaay too fast too judge, dude.
Sorry, wasn't trying to be judgmental, just tossing out a random opinion.

Quote:
Modesty not only can be sexy (leave things to the imagination), but it also protects a girl in some aspects, than openly parading and flashing flesh around everywhere.
I couldn't agree more. I happen to be one who greatly values modesty. And attractive girls don't necessarily have to bare any skin to draw attention. But, when they do they're basically asking to be looked at... or more. It's just human nature and no amount of anti-harassment training is going to take away that part of human nature.

I still think there's a certain amount of responsibility on the part of individuals to restrain themselves from behavior that is degrading or hurtful.

Quote:
I dunno about the sick/compass thing, never seen it personally nor was given one :\
It's not compass, it's compress - a cloth wrung from hot or cold water which may be applied to any part of the body surface. A cold compress can be used to relieve head congestion, fever, swollen muscles, etc.

I think in the case of the question asked, it's probably just a convention used to show that someone is receiving some kind of attention for being sick or hurt.