View Single Post
Old 2011-12-30, 13:25   Link #851
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by all_flying View Post
Next KyoAni adaptation: from the very old material (like a ten years old novel and I didn't find it anywhere) and a very young one.

KyoAni less play safe and never play easy. Even with their colab with Key (If you want to compare it with the next-door-studio). Besides, its not like they made any crime so far (Like any other heavy-filled-fanservice-anime lately), so we can expect more than just .... whatever you might think about rom-com genre.

And c'mon. Its Kyoto Animation we're talking about. Not some random studios like A-1 or AIC.

Man sorry but they usually play it pretty safe and easy by my standards. Almost all of their shows have come from already pretty popular source material and while it can be argued that the popularity of the anime they made from them eventually gave back to that source material over time in the form of further increased recognition for the franchises in question I don't think you can deny that bringing in fanbases like Key's or the various hit light novels from Kadokawa that they've been given to adapt have really helped them get a head start when it comes to the popularity of their shows.

As far as I can see the only real risk in this business model is in making sure the adaptation of the source is faithful and other than that it's a matter of sitting back and watching the profits role in. Pretty safe, simple and easy to manage business model if you ask me.