View Single Post
Old 2012-01-15, 05:10   Link #50
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
And by the way, the fanservice has nothing to do with the worth of an anime. This is an immature thought even I had years ago. The fact is that you are not deep, wise and mature because of the things you watch, but because of who you are. The Monogatari series is actually well written, and I say this after reading the novels.
I agree with you! I've resisted all temptation to read the novel, but from watching the TV show I've yet to have problem with following the story. Episode 2, I thought was very clear with its intent. "Fanservice" shouldn't have created any distraction considering the tid-bits of information that are well placed. I understand it may be easy to get distracted with the sideshow (fanservice), but most of us here have already watched Bakemonogatari, so Isin's style of storytelling should be the main part of the discussion rather than the frivolous emphasis on fanservice. By concentrating on the "fanservice" the focus of the story is being shifted and as a result the clues are masking themselves from those fans. Perhaps, that's why some fans may not have been enjoying the series unlike Bakemonogatari. As far as I'm concerned, I didn't fail to recognize that the story is in full motion... that things are happening already, and how this might be connected to why Araragi was being held by Senjougahara in such fashion. Dialogue-wise, this episode was very good.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote