View Single Post
Old 2007-04-18, 20:43   Link #3454
-Xtian-
Translator/Checker

an Old New.

Yeah, I'm an oldie at 32, but to show you all younglings that even at this age you can still be a loser anime lover, here I am.

If anyone is old enough and into Adachi Mitsuru, I was the first "H2" online manga translator back in 95-97. I used to stop by Kinokuniya and read the weekly shonen and translate on the spot.

Anyhow, last thing I translated was "Emma" (well, script checking) from episode 3 on with iichan/iitran because I loved that show and I saw a few wrong translations and I wanted to make EMMA better so my friends could enjoy it too. (without me intervening and saying "that's not what she said...")

I'm here because I saw that EMMA ACT 2 was out and was trying to find a subbing group that needs a translator for EMMA 2, as I can't seem to find iichan/iitran online anymore =(

Other than that I guess I could do some script checking on the side, but I would love to start up on EMMA ACT 2.

Also fluent in Korean, Spanish, and Portuguese so I could work on those too if need be... but unlikely.

EDIT: One thing I hate is when 95% of the subbers translate "suki" into "love" instead of "like". Whether culturally or literally, "suki" is NOT "love" ... "ai" is "love" when asked of why it is done, someone mentioned "because it has always been translated like that and we don't want to confuse the audience now" ... I just don't get following tradition for the sake of following tradition (even when wrong). yes, this little insignificant thing has been bothering me since the Ranma/Dragon Ball/Kimagure Orange Road days... lol
-Xtian- is offline   Reply With Quote