View Single Post
Old 2014-03-11, 10:02   Link #2692
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I swear I'm gonna get a lot of hates for saying but my is pick is Sword Art Online, the Japanese Twilight. I can't stand Asuna and I hate Kirito, hell I even pick Haruto from Valvrave over Kirito anytime of date.
Sword Art Online... You know, when that show started out, I thought it seemed really damn good. The first few episodes did a fantastic job of setting the mood and getting me invested... Then came all the random one-off adventures with random moe girls falling heads over heels for our hero... Then came the gradual realization that absolutely everyone in the show who isn't Kirito, is absolutely useless and everything they ever do seem to just be specifically designed to make Kirito look better... Then came the realization that Kirito has absolutely no discernable personality and is about the most blatant Gary Stu ever... Then came the conclusion to the first arc which was just so phenomenally stupid that it literally left me wanting to scream "BULLSHIT" at the screen... And I gave up on the show shortly after that.
You know, a friend of mine once mentioned that he hadn't watched any anime since SAO, simply because that show was so devastatingly awful that it damn near turned him off anime entirely. And I can see where he was coming from.