View Single Post
Old 2011-12-28, 13:54   Link #834
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post

However they are first and last a animation company. They have been running commercials for themselves in some of their own shows the last few years. They also do not generally show a lack of quality in their products. At least in the art and animation departments. They have shown themselves to have very good technical skills as well has having competent directors who are good with timing and composition. Pacing is a variable. They have shown they can do different styles within the last few years...style of art and animation. No one has particularly tried to get them to change styles of programming.

Aside from Munto TV (and its movie) pretty much every show they have done since Full Metal Panic has gotten a lot of attention (good and bad). Few argue against their technical skills. Most seems to be either frustrated because they aren't going more of one show other another, or are frustrated that they aren't using their skills on some other style of show.
Yes, all of that is accurate. I don't question their technical skills.

I just find it a bit odd that an animation studio with their proven track record and substantial sales success couldn't leverage Kadokawa to do more of what they want to do. That being said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
I think they're just confident in their ability to produce megahits (Haruhi -> Lucky Star -> K-ON!), so they don't feel any need to rely on sequels. Up until now, there was a perception of invincibility, even amongst people in the industry.

BTW, the recently announced projects would've been decided well before Nichijou's airing. Whether the failure led to any change in Kadokawa or KyoAni won't be seen in at least a year or two.
This is an interesting theory that might help to explain a lot. This theory also provides hope that a change in Kadokawa and/or KyoAni might be seen in a year or two.