View Single Post
Old 2012-06-03, 02:06   Link #1112
Westlo
Lets be reality

Bigglobe polls suck, stop posting them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I'm more surprised by Sunrise name being so high considering the total lack of regard the community seems to have for them and their works which aren't exactly in the realm of what's popular these days among your average otaku.
Lol? Maybe you're trying to downplay their otaku appeal so it makes you feel better but this isn't really the case. You seem to cite a "bangwagon" reaction leg by "bloggers" to Destiny, Otome, R2 etc as an example of the "community" hating Sunrise yet ignore that these series are genuine disappointments for fans of the first seasons, which they loved. Personally as someone who couldn't give a shit what other people think I'm insulted by this, I think they suck because they're vastly inferior to their predecessors and what bloggers, the community and memes say have f all to do with it. I can already see you pulling out the same crappy arguments when people don't like the Tiger and Bunny movies completely ignoring that it's just another case of "sequels" sucking.... (which isn't exactly something unique to Sunrise!) lots of people liked Men In Black, a lot of them hated Men In Black 2, must be some community effort to hate Sony films productions yeah!

SEED, Destiny, Geass and R2 were complete smash hits for Sunrise and had a shit load of otaku fans amongst others like fujoshis. You only have to look @ discussion on 2ch and see how those characters poll in various magazines to realize that. 00, 00 Pt 2, Mai-Hime, Mai-Otome, Gintama, Tiger & Bunny and Horizon have also been quite successful productions for Sunrise.... I'm disgusted you even tried to mention a de facto counterculture vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Possibly the fujoshi vote, Sunrise has a strong presence in the pretty boy field with shows like Gundam Seed and 00, Code Geass, Tiger and Bunny and various high school battle anime.
Gintama also has legions of fujoshi fans, probably one of the reasons it has been such a consistent seller on DVD, the best along with Natsume which also has a big fujoshi fanbase.