View Single Post
Old 2012-10-26, 15:54   Link #1331
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I never said "he's entirely unsympathetic". But his character flaws are very obvious. He views the Enforcers as something less than human when they seem perfectly human to me. He is very legalistically minded, arguably to a fault. And he doesn't seem to care about the people who falls through the cracks while Akane does seem to care about them.

In fairness to him, he's probably become jaded over time, and for understandable reasons. I get the sense that he's speaking from experience when he offers advice to Akane. He probably tried to work with the Enforcers as colleagues, only to have that nastily blow up in his face at least once or twice.
Then it's the same for your boy Shinya, whose own flaws were made apparent early on.

Quote:
Sure, but modern society generally discourages it and tries to work against it. Bullying on the level that we saw in this episode would not be accepted in virtually any modern 1st World workplace, at least none that I'm aware of.
It's certainly illegal. But I'm not so sure it doesn't still happen.

And while I'm unclear about legality in that world, I'm sure it's also discouraged, at least where they get more regular access to the network. I mean, just being creepy in public can get you in serious trouble...

My point is, that case was a bit of a freak. As it would be in our world, but freaks do exist.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote