View Single Post
Old 2013-06-04, 18:36   Link #53
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
I was referring to this though.

The flashback was probably from his rebellion, when he didn't have the eye condition yet. He seems to have lost it in addition to his amnesia. Though maybe they just aren't using that part of the myth?
Yeah, but they are certainly using this part.

Quote:
Five centuries later, the Bodhisattva Guanyin went out in search for disciples that could protect a pilgrim from the East to journey to India to retrieve the Buddhist sutras. In hearing this, Sun Wukong offered to serve this pilgrim, Xuanzang, a monk of the Tang Dynasty, in exchange for his freedom after the pilgrimage was complete. Guanyin understood that the monkey would be hard to control, and therefore gave Xuanzang a gift from the Buddha: a magical headband which, once Sun Wukong was tricked into putting it on himself, could never be removed. With a special chant, the band would tighten and cause unbearable pain to the monkey's head.
The halo around Jin Mo-Ri's head seems to be the one from the myth. I'm guessing the author is using this so he won't finish his opponents too quickly. No one chanted a sutra to activate the band though so I'm guessing it's set to restrain Jin Mo-Ri whenever he causes mass havoc. For instance, the circlet tightened after he caused that massive tsunami by dropping Yeo Ui.

egscans just had a mass release!
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote