View Single Post
Old 2008-04-30, 15:39   Link #2097
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Sorry Kaioshin, but preaching about the awesomeness of games like Rance and whatnot to people who have no idea about the eroge/RPG market in Japan will just be tantamount to pissing in the ocean. More so if you try to compare and contrast games like these against the more popular and accepted titles.

Sad but true.

By the way, what did you think of Sengoku Rance in its entirety, after having played through Rance VI?
Big! But honestly, both have a similar style of trying to get the player to manage his resources well, be it character SP with Rance VI or troop levels, territory and funds with Sengoku. Honestly I think Sengoku Rance improved on everything that Rance VI had in terms of gameplay except in the area of exploration. There's nothing like actually going through the areas of Zeth filling out the map and finding treasure in Sengoku Rance. Sengoku Rance has more characters and routes etc and is by far the larger more involved game, but Rance VI has more of the classic characters and favourites (although there is the event in Sengoku Rance that nets you most of the regulars, but no Patton, Rick etc.) and a greater focus on each of them.

It honestly depends more on what I'm in the mood for at the time, but I think they are both awesome in their own rights. Still I'd give the nod to Sengoku Rance over Rance VI if one absolutely had to choose between the two of them.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote