View Single Post
Old 2010-06-02, 04:50   Link #12
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Well... they shipped my copies but I used the "cheap cargo" method, so it may be a few weeks before they arrive.
Can't wait 'til you get them Should be good timing too, as the anime will be finished...if only I can hold of on spoiling myself!

Quote:
Only spoilers for the anime watchers...
un...and thus spoilers for those who can only follow the English releases for the manga as well. Though I suppose I could have put the 5th volume cover under the first tab...

Quote:
Seriously, I do not see how one can watch the first two episodes of the animation and NOT get that it is the bond between Inami and Takanashi that the author is exploring (for the short term at least).
Maybe some people still subscribe to the silly notion that "the first girl/guy the main character meets is the one"? (At least, it seemed to be common in shoujo manga back when I was a much wider reader...)

Ah, and the author's a "she"...

Since episode 9's out though, I have a question about a related omake: unlike the anime, which had a labeled cut scene saying how everyone contributed to "producing Kotori-chan", the manga had this:
Spoiler for pic and translation:
Er...any ideas on why he needed medicine for his stomach?

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-06-02 at 05:53.