View Single Post
Old 2010-12-20, 00:12   Link #20008
loctar87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
Feels nice to be back.

There was a whydunnit explained-for the wrong criminals. It's cruel, it's poor (in terms of a good story) but it doesn't change the fact that Kyrie and Rudolf have nothing against killing people for the money they need. More so, if we're to go with what Kyrie was speculating, every one of the adults, after reaching the gold, would've eventually reached the conclusion that killing the others for the sake of money was necessary. It just happens that since Kyrie has the sharpest mind out of all the adults, she will always (according to Bern) reach this conclusion first.
However, if the possibility exists that a culprit exists that doesn't kill for the money, which is what I think Battler was trying to explain to Ange at the end of Episode 7, then we still have an unanswered whydunnit.

And I have a question that's been jumping around in my mind. If it's been covered in the several-hundred pages I've missed, so sue me. I've been gone a long time.
What's people's opinions on where Bern stands? On one side, some of her actions in the early Episodes and a chunk of Episode 7, not to mention her disputable connections to Rika, make her out to be a benevolent character, helping people understand important things but never accepting their thanks.
And then... you have the twisted, destructive personality she shows at the end of Episode 4, throughout Episode 5 and 6, and at the end of Episode 7. Despite how vicious and heartless she can be, I can't seem to shake the feeling that it doesn't quite fit her.
What do you people think?
Well, the motive for Kyrie is obvious. The motive for Beato is the one that raises questions.

Bern is evil. There's absolutely no doubt about that. But it isn't just senseless evil. She enjoys cruelly exposing the truth, and make others suffer from it. I think of her as a symbol of the harshness of reality. The witch of Miracles is only there to guarantee that there aren't any.
loctar87 is offline   Reply With Quote