View Single Post
Old 2010-12-20, 01:15   Link #20015
loctar87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
That's what despicable persons do. Rather than preventing others from falling in the same despair you fell in, you try to make them suffer as much as you do. That's selfish... and evil...
But not senseless. People are complicated. The ideal answer isn't one that everyone can come to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
I personally have never felt Bern fit in with this story, honestly. Not that the story would've been better off without her, that's not what I mean. Where all the other characters could talk about love and it's worth, she ignored it and went on with her mission of turning it into a heartless mystery and ripping out its guts.
To me, it almost seems as if this birdcage of a game, constructed by Lambda, was built out of the one thing Bern would never again understand and sympathize with: love. Because she can't sympathize with love, she acts out against those who can love and do love, senselessly destroying it in desperate attempts to satsisfy herself.
That is another way to interpret it. Bern is cruel and evil. She's never going to be likable. But she might be understandable.

Whether you interpret her as the cruel truth incarnate, or someone who just doesn't understand love, it doesn't make much difference. Of course, I kind of like my own interpretation.
loctar87 is offline   Reply With Quote