View Single Post
Old 2011-03-22, 10:29   Link #25
delirium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
To be fair, Nolan's adaptations are more realistic comapred to Micheal Keaton's films, even. For example, Batman Returns, which featured the Joker, also included a poison that would kill people by making them laugh and subsequently deforming their face in death. In "Dark Knight" however, the Joker's deformation and plot was much more down to earth if not darker. The same goes for Two-Face. His deformation was well-explained, unlike in "Batman Forever" where you see Tommy Lee Jones with half his face colored purple. Tho that appearance is more loyal to the comics, Two-Face as we saw him in "Dark Knight" was more realistic as well. I agree on having Robin tho. I think it's about time he makes an appearance as well.
I know that the earlier Batman movies were unrealistic, but they are a product of the 90s, we can do so much moree with the Batman story than we could 20 years ago. Two-Face's appearance has changed over the years in the comics though. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a purple face anymore. it's obviously still scarred but no longer purple, or as purple as it has been in the past. The reason for Two-Face's scarring in the comics and probably Tommy Lee Jones' as Two-Face was that he had acid thrown in his face while prosecuting some mafioso as Gotham's District Attorney. Yeah, just read a recent comic with Two-Face, the disfigured part of his face is more fleshy than purple.
delirium is offline   Reply With Quote