View Single Post
Old 2009-10-29, 18:37   Link #1142
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbitheart View Post
I agree. I think Kaname's fall will be tragic, because I think in the end he'll regret what he did, while still loving Yuuki, and he'll realize that if he REALLY loves Yuuki, he'll giver her her freedom and the right to choose without being blinded. Or perhaps he'll offer himself as a sacrifice in some way as recompense for his manipulations. I think (or rather hope) that he will realize Zero is good for Yuuki and will eventually let go. Which would be sad. But it would be resolving, as long as Yuuki wasn't scarred by whatever happens to Kaname. Dang it! I just don't know Kaname's REAL intentions are.
There were a number of times when Yuuki put her foot down and Kaname never stood in her way. A good example was when Yuuki decided to return to fight along with Zero against Rido - Kaname never made one objection. He never had objected to any of Yuuki's decision when she makes a case for it; she was always freely allowed to decide but it is her own hesitation that really traps her. One thing that has to be given credit for, is that a large part of Yuuki's present position is due to her own decision - one cannot blame Kaname entirely.

It will probably be no surprise to some of us (and a lot surprise to others) when Kaname's real intentions are revealed. In a way, I really hope VK ends soon. I just want to know what will happen at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I wasn't referring to Purebloods i was referring to the other Vampire Nobles.
I know. That's why I said "None of the high ranking non-pureblood vampires trust any purebloods, period." Non-pureblood as in: noble vampires and other types of vampires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
The puppets may dance but the puppeteer may not always be apparent. Kaname achieved his primary goal of getting Yuuki back by his side and his chess game was a part of that, the fact remains that Kaname has too many secrets for me to trust that he has good intentions. He protected Yuuki but in the process left chaos in his wake Kaname seems to want things both ways and of course we know that is not possible. But it seems others are moving their own pieces that may and probably do conflict with Kaname's. Yuuki has been the ultimate pawn which is why i laughed when she said she was not the same its not true, I believe when Yuuki has to stand on her own with no help for the first time will determine if her character succeeds or fails, if we really want to see what Yuuki is made of we need to remove Kaname from equation just like how Zero was removed. Zero who was also a pawn has started to come into his own but the mysteries are far from over. Im certain there is another player in the game that we are not aware off that will offset the balance.

I actually support Zero's stance on PureBloods for the simple fact that he thinks Purebloods are the source of the turmoil in his world. He is wrong but i understand his reasoning. I think many forget that Zero is a hunter not a high school student anymore his job is to hunt vampires. His feelings towards vampires are justified. However he needs to break the cycle of hate or he will never find peace. Zero will never so easily take back the words he spoke to Yuuki especially with what just happened in the past chapter.
Although it is true that Kaname personally wants Yuuki to be by his side (any guy in love would want that) but I don't think he intentionally manipulates people just to get her to his side. The previous chapters, to me, indicates that this is not the case. I think he's manipulating in order to protect. In his position, it would be foolish to be transparent with one's intentions or moves - so Kaname's actions are proper. If Zero or Yuuki were in Kaname's position, I think they would have been out-maneuvered and checkmate early on.

I agree with what you say about Zero. Until he gives up on that blind hatred, he won't be able to move forward with Yuuki or with his own life.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote