View Single Post
Old 2013-01-23, 23:21   Link #2383
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Personally, I find Shamal to be pretty good over-all, and I shock myself here, but, I find her to be the anti-wolkenritter character.

Meaning that she's best suited to deal with nearly anyone who focuses most of their style in close range.

The wind walls deal with stuff like Zafira kick, Vita's hammer charges, Vivio and Arf's Axel Smashers, etc.

And at close range, well, she DOES have the longest range of everyone in melee, and she's quite a bit faster than either Touma or Yuri, the next two longest melee range fighters.

Personally, I'd rate Shamal above Chrono, the twins, Fate and even Linith, but that last one is mostly because I can't figure out Linith's style completely.
So Shamal needs to force combat to remain at a comfortable middle range, not by controlling her opponent as Yuuno does, but by denying them options?

That is, preventing them from attacking her at long range with wind magic, and preventing them from attacking her at close range with extending pendulum jabs.

The emphasis on protection from long-range attacks makes sense, given that she's generally supposed to be removed from direct engagement, where the only attacks she has to worry about are projectiles.

On a seperate note, I'm surprised that Signum has better armor than Vita. As the berserker, I imagine that Vita is more prone to eating hits than properly defending herself.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote