View Single Post
Old 2013-03-20, 22:46   Link #331
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I'm the only one who find the character design for the girls in the movies a bit too round and weird?

I don't dislike it per se, it looks fine, it's just that i'm too used to the original style and like it better than this despite the quality enhacements xDU
Moe is catnip for a certain subset of fans (particularly, the group most likely to rabidly buy merchandise). Thus, the catering. It's why a series like K-On can continue to exist. You build your characters right, and you can sell.

Think about Hollywood blockbusters. You need sex and violence. Sexy women, some skin, and lots of explosions. As long as you have that(preferably with the hawt stars at the moment), and good special effects, you are going to have a blockbuster movie that a lot of people will pay to see and own. You don't need to worry about plot so much; people will just gloss over the plot holes.

Perhaps I'm just getting old, but that kind of stuff doesn't do it for me anymore. Sure, I have my nostalgic cheesy favorites (the original Tron and the Last Starfighter), but I can't help but want a higher standard for my shows nowadays.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote