View Single Post
Old 2012-07-27, 21:07   Link #481
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad001 View Post
On that note, I'm starting to think the Saitou clan is the only that has male generals/officers. Prominently at least...
depends on what you consider as prominent.

Seriously though, even currently as LN (as of v7) there are still tons of famed Oda vassal that had not appeared yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagnerr View Post
@willx
1. in winter war still happening
2. trading oversea including westerner happen
3. technology advance or not tradisional
4. nobunaga could moving his armies in short timespan
5. nobunaga himself smoother the roads for faster mobility and trade
6. horse scarce "arguable"
nobunaga,hideyoshi are bussines person

@chadoo1
sengoku ending at nobunaga die
CMIIW

I'll give you 4 and 5 since they are basically connected.

2 does happen but it is only restricted to few large port notably Kai and a reason why Nobunaga puts that city as one of his top priority when marching toward Kyoto.

not quite sure what you are getting at 3, technology do advance, but at that time there is still no fighting winter and snow.

Horse are scarce. The famed Takeda cavalries are now believed to be less then 3000 and the ratio of horse to soldier is no more than 10:1 and closer to 15:1. Based on new records found, Takeda's cavalries aren't even real cavalries but foot soldiers using horses for maneuverability reasons. It is also been supported by the fact that Japanese horse were not only small but had short legs, those horse were even smaller compare to Mongolian horses that even lacks the stamina and carrying ability(only advantages Mongolian horses had)

As for winter war, it does not happen North and East from Mino due to snow and freezing temperature. Both Takeda and Uesugi had mentioned many times that they can't mount campaigns during winter.. That fact also buys Nobunaga some times for him to deal with Western and Southern enemies.

BTW, Japanese Sengoku doesn't end witht eh death of Nobunaga, it officially ends 1603 when Tokugawa establishes new Shogunate, 21 years after Nobunaga's death. That is even on the earliest definition as some historian put Takugawa's death as the end of the Sengoku Period, in that case the period ends on 1616, 34 years after Nobunaga's death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
To be honest, Sengoku is not that comparable to ROT3K (Romance of the Three Kindoms) when it comes to feints, defection, treachery and has no Zhuge Liang, so I wonder what kind of strategies and such the MC (Yes! Back on topic!) could find. If it's something like screaming your general's name again, then I pass.

There are still all those thing, especially defection and treachery, that is the bread and butter of the Japanese Sengoku periods and due to geography it also feature some guerrilla warfare type of encounters (toward the latter periods) and fort battles and plenty of night raids and ambush.