View Single Post
Old 2006-10-15, 22:03   Link #54
Harukalover
In exile

/me sighs...

You guys act as if there are laws to what a filesize should be. (Remember there's no payments or job specifications in fansubbing, it's for fun) Encoder picks filesize. Don't like it then don't download or encode it yourself. No reason to go further into a pointless debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farix View Post
Then I guess you and your group wouldn't have any problems if someone took your fansub, reencoded it to a more manageable filesize, and then redistributed it for those of us who are stuck with our "crappy connections". Unlike processing power, "crappy connections" is something that most people have absolutely no control over.
And this is a threat or something? Remember it's a FANSUB. If someone wanted to take it and release it as there own while it has the exact same script and logo as my group there's nothing I can do about it. Not like I can sue them for stealing my pirated work. If you hate huge filesizes so much then reencode it yourself. And let the encoders pick what they want instead of trying to make them into robots who do everything they do because of fear of "established standards".

Last edited by Harukalover; 2006-10-15 at 22:09. Reason: Missed something...
Harukalover is offline   Reply With Quote