View Single Post
Old 2009-01-12, 17:43   Link #139
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
This is because shipping is bad. And causes hate wars.

Let's just see where the plot goes.

Blame the Internet Hate Machine.

Exactly. Sometimes the best choice is to just keep clicking. *Chaos;HEAd joke*

For one, I think Japan seems to like Taiga more than Ami because Taiga is defined as "cute" rather than "sexy", which in general, eastern cultures, especially Japan, have idealized. "Cute", that is.

This is why flat-chested, doll-bodied characters are more prized there than here in the West, heh.

Taiga... submissive?

I'm confused. No one in Toradora is submissive, least of all Taiga.

Oh boy.

Um.

Okay.

Cultural norms are passed down through generations almost unconsciously. We don't often think about it, but a lot of our personal preferences will come from our parents. This is how societal, and indeed, cultural differences are formed.

No one is truly independent. We're simply products of our environment and upbringing.

Western culture has this large emphasis on "individuality", which, in truth, isn't really real.
It might play a bit of a role, but i don't think you can just group everyone together like that. If he's talking about majority, then fine so be it.

I was born and raised in the US, but it doesn't necessarily mean i'd prefer a girl who is independent. Personal preferences still come into play, and i don't think they're THAT heavily influenced by our culture/societal status quo.