View Single Post
Old 2008-03-19, 12:53   Link #255
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Think about that story in like episode 9 about Margery's past. That boy was very similar in that you wouldn't see him fighting, even with his personality. That's why I think Kazumi could become one if she wanted to. Besides, if it was for Sakai-kun, I think she would be able to show some female-garness in battle.
Yes, and see how far he got And she would likely have the same fate. Keep in mind that Pheles is weak when compared to the absurd entities that make up the Guze no Ou that our local Flame Haze share. I think its safe to assume that the power of the Tomogara contracted is directly proportional to the power of Flame Haze. Given what they are fighting against, Kazumi would be squished like a bug, even if she manages to fire of a spell by accident. It seems even Shana / Margery/ Wil can't stand up to the leaders of Ball Masque one on one. What on earth would Kazumi do there.

Kazumi is not a fighter, never was and never will be, unless she sees Yuuji mutilated in front of her - she might start wishing for revenge then ... until that happens, i can't see any power she would possessed anything else than wasted, unless we are talking healing or something of the sort. The typical backup character in RPGs, whom everyone fights tooth and nail to protect and that dies as soon as enemy bothers to look at it.

Quote:
Kazumi would provide a link for Johan and Pheles, as Pheles could always be near him in Yuji. She couldn't just stay around Yuji herself, as she realizes she's not one to be trusted by him. But as a contractor, she'd be more than able to always be with him in some form.
And Pheles in my opinion is concerned about the world's balance, because her lover Johan is. He told her to not eat humans, and they fought against Tomogara together with Wilhelemina, who was definately trying to protect the world's balance.
Currently Pheles is concerned about one thing - the task Johan entrusted to her before she left, which was something she couldn't tell Shana and co. And i will bet you a cookie it wasn't to seek a contract with Kazumi. Also, agreeing not to eat humans while she was with Johan does not mean she actually cares about the balance. And if she really wanted to hunt other Tomogaras, she alone would be far more effective then when joined with Kazumi. There is no benefit (that i would know of) in a contract for Tomogara that is weak enough to reside in this world on its own without disturbing it.
Quote:
Pheles's and Kazumi's needs are the same - love. Pheles cannot be with Johan eternally any other way, and Kazumi cannot become part of Yuji's world without doing this.
I feel you are assigning too much desperation to linger near Johan to Pheles. She may well be "desperate" to meet him again, but i can't picture her ever wanting something as superficial of a solution as you proposed. You seem to sugar-coat and simply the whole deal a lot, in my humble opinion (Both regarding Pheles wishes and Kazumi's prospects as a flame haze).

Quote:
Also, I kind of feel bad about talking about this in the Episode 22 thread... Is there any chance my request for a Kazumi thread could get a reconsideration?
Ugh, i don't want to imagine having to keep track of such a thread Besides, the series is near the end anyway.