Thread: Licensed Negima Manga Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2003-11-19, 13:46   Link #11
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

I say it's evil. It's like his old gangbang card captor sakura dojins revisited. It's a love story with a 9 year old boy (he's 'ALMOST' 10... *sigh*) in a position where a group of extremely well-endowed middle school students are in love with him. I don't mean like 'Awe, he's so cute', I mean like jealous over which gets to rub their breasts over his face. At first I decided to give it a chance because I didn't hate love hina, as I'm usually capable of enjoying things at face value (if it has no plot, then I don't read it for the plot... and no, Love Hina has no plot). But seriously. By chapter 5 I started skipping it when I read Shonen Magazine because it was so wrong on so many levels.

If you want a Love Hina-esque story by Akamatsu, go with 'Ai ga Tomarenai'... I think it's something like 'Ai Love You' in the English release, but I'm not sure. It's pretty standard, a Weird Science rip, really. Computer nerd creates the perfect girl simulation program, said girl comes to life. She uses programs to change her clothes and learn things, ect. It's cute, and there's far less gratuitous fanservice in it (although it's still there... they just don't always end up in a giant bath at the end of each chapter). And best of all, it doesn't have truly sick characters. Sure, some are kinda perverted, but none are sick.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote