View Single Post
Old 2022-08-04, 23:29   Link #6
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Definitely isn't good news. I knew something bad was coming when Rightstuf cancelled free shipping to Canada. Sure the reasoning didn't sound like a lie at the time, but it felt like a bad sign. But wow, I didn't think it was this bad. CR is definitely turning itself into the source of anime outside of Japan. And I'm not sure that's a great sign. There's absolutely zero benefit for us and all we can hope is that it isn't a total disaster.

I am glad that I bought as much anime as I did over the past few years before this went down. Because I have a feeling the big sales are dead or at least will be pretty pitiful going forward.

Of course I'm still basically stuck. Amazon Canada is pretty poor when it comes to actually getting shows available so it's still going to be importing. Either through Amazon (high prices, lower shipping) or CR (maybe lower prices [might change after this] and higher shipping). At least with Rightstuf before I could just condense all my anime purchases to one time a year, get some free shipping and all was well. Now...I don't know.

The only guaranteed purchases for me for now are seasons 3-5 of Symphogear. I'll pay the painful cost to get those and that might be it. Hope and pray I guess. Guess I'll mostly just buy from Sentai themselves. The shipping is slow as molasses but it's not expensive.