View Single Post
Old 2008-09-09, 14:27   Link #1545
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
...Besides, I am sure a good session of mutual workout at that point won't kill her

- Tak
Having never LIVED in Japan, I just can't speak to how important the Japanese consider the act of sexual intercourse in the context of love and relationship. I've also never had the guts to ask my Japanese friends about it, since they are all girls... But I'd need to see a cross section of Japanese female attitudes expressed before I'd believe this situation lead to sex and not just a passionate kiss.

I completely concur that the elements were there, the emotions were there and (especially if we're being rickrolled) the visuals were there. But the characters actions and histories up to this point don't necessarily lead to the conclusion that they consummated it.

It IS open to total speculation and will probably NEVER be confirmed by the staff. My point is that moments of weakness occur for everyone who is human, but moments of strength do too. In my eyes, to be consistent, it wouldn't have been respectful to the characters if they DID carry it through. ESPECIALLY in light of the adulation and idolatry heaped onto Sheryl by the most vociferous fans both in Japan and abroad. To take your "Queen" and lower her to the the level of a weak roll in the hay seems flawed.

Hikaru & Misa's implied sex in DYRL was a "We're the last people on earth and I love you" kind of sex. This situation is a "You're about to die and I don't want you to be lonely when you do" kind of sex... I'd LIKE to believe they DIDN'T do it.