View Single Post
Old 2010-11-16, 14:16   Link #148
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It just means that certain viewers may enjoy the show less as a result (because it won't become the show they were hoping it would be).

Well, enjoyment tends to be personal, but "appreciation" doesn't necessarily require quite as much enjoyment. In general terms, I think rather than focus so much on "why I don't like Kirino", people could focus on "what does Kyousuke see in Kirino" (and vice-versa) and thus come to recognize the show's themes and messages more clearly. Otherwise, assuming the show continues to develop as it has so far, I think we're just going to continue seeing more of the same static complaints from here to the end. There is something to be gained from "wising up" to what the story's trying to say, even if it isn't always the message we wish to hear.

(Incidentally, all of these "words of wisdom" (if you can call it that) brought to you by D.C.S.S. Anyone who was there at the time will instantly know why... )
Yeah, I got what you're saying about how appreciation doesn't always require enjoyment, but it's still much easier to appreciate something when you enjoy it. And well, when the message isn't something that we wish to hear, then perhaps it's better to stop following it rather than be annoyed week after week and complained about it. Still, at least for me, although it's quite major it's not really that big to completely turned me off the series, and besides, assuming that it's just 1-cour, there's only 5-6 episodes left so it's better to see it through to the end.