View Single Post
Old 2012-06-18, 12:59   Link #1041
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Who's the audience for Uchuu in that slot, I wonder? A lot of kids?
I don't know if you saw the posting I made over in the Tsuritama thread, but this site reports that sales of the Uchuu Kyoudai manga have increased by some 800,000 copies since the anime began. Of course, the live-action movie probably has something to do with this as well.

Like AbZeroNow, I assumed the presence of furigana characters, not to mention the space photo of the week segment, suggested that the producers of Uchuu Kyoudai think there must be a substantial number of kids in the audience. Some people have posted demographic breakdowns of viewing for some shows in the past. I don't know where they come from, but I'd be interested in seeing the figures for Uchuu Kyoudai.

I really wish Crunchyroll would include translations of the OP/EDs in their shows. I suspect the approval process must be more complex and include getting the composers and various music-licensing agencies like JASRAC to sign off. Quarkboy recently wrote that his subs of the songs in Sakamichi no Apollon didn't appear in the first half-dozen episodes because they were waiting on approvals for the translations.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-06-18 at 13:16.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote