View Single Post
Old 2013-12-20, 23:46   Link #75
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
He has a point there. After all, with all these episodes, one simply can't help but feel their pain. These people are well....dying. This is basically their dying dream, which is just about to end. Ano Hana's last ep.... is just. ugh.
Yeah I wasn't a fan of that scene in the anime at all. Glad others share the same opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'm not sure whether I need to or not, but just in case I'll elaborate on my point a bit: When I said it was a little excessive I really meant a little, so in the grander scheme of things we're not talking about anything major here in the first place imo. It didn't detract from the episode much and on any other anime I might have been able to roll with it more. It just so happens that I couldn't, because it's complicated by other problems I have with the show that factored in and that I don't imagine would have been a factor for others.
I can understand what you are saying now. That is a fair argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Azure View Post
Kyousuke and Kengo were on either side of the narm line for me during their parting scenes. I definitely undestand the reasons for it, but I've never been a big fan of "Screaming in Emotion" scenes- there's a certain level in which it becomes comical to my eyes. I have a similar reaction to some crying scenes, particularly in anime.

I far preferred the scene after the credits. It was understated, and not unrealistically so. I suspect people have different tolerances for melodramatic elements like that. It's why I can't give this show a 10, even though it is a good episode, it is far from perfect to my sensibilities. I'm not familiar with Key works though, perhaps it goes with the territory?
I know what you mean about "screaming emotion" and it being more comical and unwarranted. But, I found it was warranted in this scene. Deep down Kyousuke doesn't want to let go and yet he has to if he wants them to go on. It shows the real conflict he is struggling with. Also, if he didn't take charge of his emotions all of what he had done would have been for nothing if they remained in the crumbling world. So, for me, I didn't see this at all out of the norm for him. It is a natural reaction and shows how human his emotions are.

As for Kengo, I can understand very well from his breakdown. He puts on a strong front and can finally drop the act. He may he strong to everyone else, but he isn't emotionally as strong as he seems. As novalysis mentioned, he is open to weakness.

But perhaps it comes down to how emotions reach and affect to us differently. Just as how one thing works for someone and not another.