View Single Post
Old 2007-08-22, 08:43   Link #1094
Chudley
Silver-eyed Lion King

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
You can't sweepingly compare a human life to the liberation of an entire society...By your comparison if Zero were Washington during this time he would STILL leave his fighting force to save his sister and in this case the US would fail to get independence because he chose his sis over the goal of liberating the US... You see how re-shaping that analogy still doesn't work? Lulu isn't just some rouge solider or department head, he's the top of the pyrimid...Without his instructions and strategies to command his men they cannot win, and as exhibited by the episode it is a complete catastrophe for them not to get his instructions and//or strategic aid...
Well Zero isnt even Japanese so why would he give a hoot about the liberation of Japan when Nunally's possibly in danger, not to mention Nunally is his Raison d'etre. What was Zero's reason for fighting in the first place? To make the world a safe place for Nunally to live in. Liberating Japan was no doubt just a stepping stone. Wouldnt it be foolish if Zero manages to liberate Japan but something happens to Nunally?(worst outcome:death)

Quote:
4tran put it well in the other thread, These are my sentiments exactly, not that 4tran would say he agreed with me, lol...

He did NOTHING! How cold is he to sell out an entire society based on the principles inwhich his sis was the inspiration? Heck yeah better IS better, because "something better" is the difference between night and day if "better" means giving those guys a fighting chance as opposed to basically no chance...Lulu is too smart not to have any contingencies planned...He simply snapped once his sister was taken and he lost all association with the plan he created because of his sister...That's not good leadership at all...He took on the mantle of Zero, he should own up to it...
Nunally isn't just an inspiration, she is the most important reason why Zero's been fighting all this while. Besides there was no way Zero could have considered the possibility of Nunally being abducted to some remote island (teleport ftw?) especially since the OoBK had already secured Ashford Academy. Regarding why Zero did not raise a tactical commander in case he was MIA, it was because up till now Zero has been leading every OoBK battle and he did not consider the need to run off in the middle of a battle. I'd say that Nunally is Zero's weakness, just like Euphemia is to Cornelia.

Quote:
This is not a question of emotions (Although Zero has been shown many times to make logical or sound decisions under diress)...I do sympathize with his situation, but because he totally snapped and did nothing to help his followers he failed as a leader which was my original point...He turned his back on his supporters with no realization of how they would die fighting for his beliefs and the beliefs he inspired in them...Now the show isn't over and I suspect they'll pull something outta their backsides to not make it a total loss for team Zero, but as of now his lack of any action besides searching for his sis bothered me...Hell I would have Gaessed Suzaku and told him to help my soldiers if it came down to that...This is indeed a case where something would have ben better than nothing...
Nunally's basically the world to Zero, hence his anxiety upon news of Nunally's abduction. If the person most dear to you is missing and in possible danger, first thing you would want to do is to personally confirm his/her safety. Leading his tropps to victory was probably the last thing on Zero's mind at that point of time. Erm and regarding geassing Suzaku, he already got geassed so its a no go

Last edited by Chudley; 2007-08-22 at 09:23.
Chudley is offline   Reply With Quote