Thread: Crunchyroll Giant Killing (TV)
View Single Post
Old 2010-04-22, 04:59   Link #119
Connavar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Haha yeah, I guess what I'm really after are the matches. Having Tatsuki teaching/training the players is alright, but I really think having only one episode out of 4 about an actual game is a bit too slow. Hopefully it'll begin to pick up.

As for other sports manga/anime I've tried, yeah I have read Hajime no Ippo. :P Though that's gotten a bit slow recently too...anyway yeah, I think Ippo and Eyeshield are the only two long-running series I've read. I suppose I'm fond of more modern artstyles, but if Major and Slam Dunk are classics the way Ippo is then I may check them out. Thanks for the recommendations though.
Slam Dunk was drawn by the world famous artist,mangaka of Vagabond. It looks much much better than Eyeshield 21,all other new sport manga.

Major is like Ippo still going after many volumes. So its not that old. Classics is 60s,70s manga and not 90s manga like Slam Dunk

Although for Major i recommend the anime, the manga isnt licensed,the scanlations are very slow and not from chapter 1.
Connavar is offline   Reply With Quote